 |
| Chinese group at 1st Station of Cross |
It's Monday and it's still cold. Noontime was only 6 degrees. Still groups especially asian groups coming to visit. As usual I had class at 4am which means I have to wake up at 3am to prepare. Then it was work right through. One of our workers didn't show up so I had to substitute her to open he library and stay at reception until the others arrived. Then it was a rush up to the other library. I had several meetings ... but halfway up the hill in the alleys, my asthma became so bad I almost collapsed and blacked out. Luckily I was near the Spanish sisters' convent and a spanish friar had just finished Mass there and came out from the front door. He saw me and quickly carried me into the convent where the sisters gave me hot water to drink. After 15 minutes I felt better. The spanish friar then accompanied me up to the other monastery and told me not to go home immediately but wait several hours till I felt stronger.
 |
| Anemones from my garden |
I didn't have much time to rest as I had a lot of meetings with our lawyers and finance dept. It's unbelievable. I counted the number of hours spent waiting for people, waiting for bureaucracy, waiting for banks to answer phonecalls ..... from 10.30am to 4pm sharp with no lunch or toilet break. It is a nightmare!!!!! I felt so weak and sick by 4pm I walked home hoping to sleep ... only to find out we have a house chapter (meeting) at 7pm. Let it be on record ... today I would have worked 18 hours flat while very sick.
Things have escalated very quickly at our northern border. israel once again bombed a syrian target and Syria is preparing to attack Israel. Russia, the godfather of Syria, is not amused with Israel's incursion into Syrian territory. Anything can happen now.
And the other big news is the super blood wolf moon eclipse yesterday. It's all over the newspapers but I didn't see it. Too tired. Hope i'll sleep immediately after the chapter.