![]() |
| Cold and cloudy day |
I guess it's right for Epiphany to be this cold ... or orthodox Christmas. I heard there was a clash at the entrance of the Basilica of the Nativity. Arab orthodox christians were protesting against the Greek Orthodox Patriarch as he entered the Basilica because he was selling church property to jews. Palestinian police came to his rescue and beat up the arabs. Don't know the outcome. Will be waiting for updates.
![]() |
| Pastries at Roladin Cafe are so tempting |
On such a cold and gusty day like today ... nothing is better than staying indoors drinking a hot drink and eating lots of pastries. I really like that. This morning our cook baked potato and cheese burekas (puff pastries) which were a great treat for Epiphany. Our sisters as usual boil eggs for Sunday morning. And there's Christmas Panettone and Pan d'Oro which we all love to eat ... bread with dried fruit or bread with icing. We're so lucky to have all these ... when I think of the christians in Iraq or Syria ... I feel guilty. I wish I could do more for them. Luckily this morning a group of protestant pilgrims came to meet me and donated money and clothes and food to the poor ... 7 sacks in all. I hope to bring them Bethlehem or Nablus one day this week.
One headlines in local news is the arrest of jewish terrorists suspected of killing an arab woman. A 5th suspect was arrested but it drew riots and protests from jews. Apparently jewish terrorists are not terrorists and should not be arrested. Only other races are terrorists. https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Shin-Bet-arrests-fifth-minor-suspected-of-participation-in-Jewish-terror-576423?fbclid=IwAR1GUTEUdRRKTdckSDjIls3JinT-KoEgOWVQF50K8WBWJOiifiRLmkPOeTo
And the Justice Minister encouraged the mother of one of these suspects ... apparently the Minister also thinks it's ok to be a jewish terrorist ... https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-stay-strong-israeli-justice-minister-calls-mother-of-jewish-terror-suspect-1.6807695?fbclid=IwAR3oAZcMi-I4kvuy1zRw9yLDpC3Nyc2FXGZ6n_-uQMmg8bNi8Xj0vc9xqLE

