Friday, January 25, 2019

Tense Friday

Pigeons at Musrara this morning
It's Friday and it was tense. There were riots and protests at the Gaza border in the south. I guess security was afraid it might have spilled into the City so there were more police patrols and stop checks.I had gone to Tel Aviv for a checkup to see if I needed to change my medicine as my asthma was weakening me. It appears that there's a virus going around affecting the respiratory system in many people and also there is much desert dust in the air ... so my asthma attacks are caused by exterior causes which can be controlled if I wear a mask or just stay indoors. I did realise these few weeks that if I stayed indoors I stopped coughing and gasping for air. And I'm trying my best to avoid large crowds. I don't want to catch any ailments.

Healthy sea breeze at Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv was warm but people still dressed in pullovers. In the shadows, it can get quite cold but under the sun, a T-shirt would have sufficed. The air is much better there, no desert dust or city pollution. The sea breeze is constantly blowing the pollution away. And the waves were quite high and strong. I felt better going there and only had one coughing spasm. I needed the fresh air so much to clear my lungs. If only I had more free time to come here and rest and recuperate. Last summer I barely had a vacation ... with the 2 operations and weekly checkups.

Northern Israel suffered an earthquake yesterday. People were rattled and scared. The govt has warned again of a coming massive earthquake which is long overdue. That reminds me I have to repack my earthquake kit and replenish my medicines, water and emergency stuff.  https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Residents-of-Israel-reported-tremors-and-explosions-possible-earthquake-578586?fbclid=IwAR23isHPTua03_4rdmj9CgGQioTVc-3_sg0DdbCDm2sGsgYkJXevwwsx7EM

A polish Benedictine nun on the Mt. of Olives has died. Nothing remarkable except she was born a jew and as a child was on the run from Nazi killers till she came to Israel and became a nun. Polish and local newspapers carry articles about her amazing life.  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-the-holocaust-survivor-who-chose-jesus-1.6872407?fbclid=IwAR2cDGN9Gxi7QZOqk6Gg9Fh2VRkSoZ4vuDAeGEgsWjIGQBvcDHgAYNIcKzM

Jewish settlers have again chopped dow arab olive trees .... it's a crime as olive trees take decades to grow and is the basis of life for the arabs ... providing oil, fruit and wood. Yet as the newspaper reports, the perpetrators will be protected by the rabbis who control political and public opinion.  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-the-sadists-who-destroyed-a-decades-old-palestinian-olive-grove-can-rest-easy-1.6870077?fbclid=IwAR0GLsow3Uducs0XJIxWRqaSEJhwBMnEhfBMmo4bQIFJ6hZII6NTkZgWV_Y