Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dies Irae

What an awful nightmare the past 3 days - sheer unbelievable utter horror. It was bad enough to be sick with a fever and running nose etc... but the medicine I was given made me so groggy I was hardly standing on my feet. Then the inevitable incessant phone calls that never ever come when I'm well. And the demands to do this and that ("NOW" the arab janitor insisted), regardless of whether I was dead or alive; the utter disregard and ..... I can't go on ... the very thought of those things just make me more sick.

If I ever do get sick again, I'll either choose to die or go far away to a secluded arab village hospital where no one, absolutely no one, will find me.

Luckily the safe return of the Chilean miners brought some joy to my otherwise days of wrath. The power of Mother Earth is once again evident - swallowing up humanity in her belly and vomiting them out again ... sounds like Jonah and the whale.