Last night till now there's been a furious storm battering Jerusalem. Yes we need the rain, but this type of storm has not been seen around here for the past 10 years. Extremely strong winds, cold; then endless rain and even hail. Thunder throughout the night and today. I'm sure the dry earth is finally being quenched right now.
Meantime I'm terribly stressed and exhausted from work. People around are reminding me to rest. They think I'm on the verge of a collapse. Maybe they're right. I feel like it too. I'm lucky I have a team of fantastic collaborators who do lots of great work.
Friday. Fasted the whole day till 5pm. Promised some of you I'd do it for your intentions. The storm forced the Way of the Cross to be cancelled.
The mosque down the road has been singing lamentations the past few days. It's because a muslim had died in his house (behind our monastery) but no one knew till 3 days later. Muslims must be buried within 24 hrs of death, and that incident was an abomination. So they're singing for the repose of his soul.
Now I'm off to rest. My body and mind just can't continue today.