Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cold again

Yesterday was Sr. Vicenta's birthday. She won't tell her age though. She works in the kitchen and is good with most food ... but not ponshki. Hmmmmm we should get her to baking lessons. Old Sr Raimunda who left us a month ago is now feeling homesick for the Holyland ... she remembers the Way of the Cross here whenever she makes the devotion back in Poland and wishes she was back here. But Sr Veronica, the superior here, says Sr Raimunda actually misses me dancing in the kitchen.

The weather has gone all crazy. From 29 degrees, yesterday it fell to 8 degrees. A biting cold wind is blowing. And I was out working in another monastery all dressed in summer clothes. I couldn't go home because of the cold, so Fr Raffaele lent me his jacket. That sure kept me warm was I walked home 2 km.

Don't forget to make the Way of the Cross this Friday! You can join the friars in the Holyland walk the entire route via Internet at http://elwebcast.blogspot.com this Friday.