It's still so very very cold. Last night was definitely below zero. And this morning when I cleaned the birdcage, the water was like ice. Freezing. But the canaries still took a bath like ... no problem! To boost their energy and heat, I'm feeding them extra seeds and mixed salad - lots of dandelion leaves because it raises their temperature and resistance.
No snow in view in Jerusalem although the Golan has about 15 cm of snow and Jordan has 20 cm. The sun is up like summer and the rains have left.
Watched my usual Sunday morning Christian movie. It's about an American Football coach who brings God to a losing team. They start praying, and influence the rest of the school to pray and study the Bible. Then they gain their confidence and faith on God and they start winning. It's the usual feel-good formula movie. But that's ok. It's good to feel good on Sunday morning, knowing God is on your side. It's good to know God loves you.
Right now I stay at home to avoid trouble with the muslims at our door. If I have to go out, it's always with someone else. They're dead serious about killing me. Ever thought about St Lionel the Martyr? Well maybe it's about time. Actually I see this as your responsibility - you see, 40% of Israel's economy is based on tourism. One of the top 5 tourist spots is my monastery. If tourists begin to complain to the Tourism Ministry or Israeli embassy about the lack of security in my area, the police will start doing something about it. As long as tourists keep quiet, nothing will change the muslims will continue to harass us. So the ball is in your court! What are you going to do about it?