Today's reading is on Elijah again - this time he goes to search for his successor Elisha. Elisha destroys whatever means of livelihood he has (the yoke and oxen) in order to follow Elijah: there's no turning back now because there's nothing to turn back to. Sometimes we need to be so convinced of our choices, we need to burn our bridges behind us in order to move forward. In terms of business strategy, it's foolish; but in religion, it's total dependence and faith in God. Ready to burn some bridges?
Bought some yoghurt yesterday - alot more expensive, almost 5 shekels from another store. Daylight robbery. But it feels very good to have something cool and substantial instead of a heavy meat-veggie meal during this hot season.
I'm back on schedule with my research but because of the shortage of reference books, I have to wait my turn. It's a bit frustrating and what to do?
Today is Saturday so I'll clean my room later in the afternoon. Then at 5pm Darko will defend his doctoral thesis and we'll go out for dinner after that.