Strange weather - terribly hot afternoons about 37 degrees and suddenly as the sun sets a very cold wind blows. It's an westerly. And its cold! I had to cover the canaries like in winter again!
Now that Sr Irmina has left, I help Sr Geronima to dry the dishes while she washes. But tonight she decided to do the cleaning up of the food area. That left me with the washing up - which I wasn't prepared because I was wearing my habit and the long sleeves get in the way. Luckily Fr Bissoli was there to help with the drying up. We managed to finish the work before 9pm - which is a record!
Yesterday's Way of the Cross left me spift (no it's not a word but it's the only one I can think of right now). I know that tensions are pretty high this year during the Way of the Cross when we have loads of soldiers and police to accompany us, but today was impossible. Megaphones blaring to drown out our prayers from stations 1 to 8; and at station 7 there were youths whistling and shouting to disrupt our devotion. Why all this intolerance? We don't do this to them when they pray, why must they do it to us? I was spat on at the 2nd station by two kids as well, and they threw a bottle when they were far off. The level of intolerance is getting worse and I can see more problems cropping up unless we Christians stand our ground; otherwise we'll soon lose our rights, our land, our religion. For too long we have been passive and see our future drain away. And all we do is moan and groan about it. it's too lame. It's time to stand up and be counted. And you guys living in comfy-land, think for one moment of what we have to go through everyday. Then make a brave decision and COME TO THE HOLYLAND to show solidarity with us. So get moving already!