Today we commemorate St Barnabas - the guy who took Saul (later St. Paul) under his wings. He must have been taking a big risk when he did that, because no one else wanted to take Saul; him being a notorious persecutor. Saul actually went back home to Tarsus without a mission or direction. While no one else seemed to trust the converted Saul, it was Barnabas alone who took the risk and went to Tarsus to look for Saul. Saul came under Barnabas in the initial years and began his first missionary journey with Barnabas. Barnabas disappears after the quarrel with Paul at the onset of the 2nd missionary journey and nothing else is mentioned of him. In a way its a little sad that the disciple tossed away his master - something no asian would dream of doing - and letting the master fade away in the background. I think the silence of Barnabas speaks alot of his character and faith. What is your image of Barnabas?
I'm back at work. But some other student needed a reference book I borrowed so I gave it to him; that means I can't do my work now, at least not half of it.
The weather remains hot and the HK group leaves today for home. Just as well otherwise they'll all be sick with the heat. Sneiad has found a cheaper way to cool her office - open the windows! Now she doesn't need the giant fan. Let's hope a cool breeze will blow today so it'll be a nice respite. OK back to work.