Thursday, February 13, 2020

Weekend starts

1,360 views in total yesterday .... whoever the perpetrators are, they're not afraid to be blatant. Today 23 views. See the exaggerated discrepancy? It's not normal.

An uproar this morning in the coastal city of Rishon le Zion when 2 sisters got kicked out of kindergarten because they just came back from a China holiday and their parents did not put them in mandatory 2 week quarantine. Parents and teachers were horrified and kicked the girls out. Big uproar.    https://www.janglo.net/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=480327&Itemid=0&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2BRoEKjVy19sE1y1oCLadqTAL09zRZ-tUhaXTtOHRv_ln6CUGd3HUicss

Indonesian tourists at Mandarin rest.
Yes the coronavirus is scaring everyone here ... and no more chinese groups are around. El Al had stopped all flights into Hong Kong till next month. But there're lots of indonesian groups still around. They're not part of the ban as it seems they have no infection cases there yet. There're also many american filipino and vietnamese groups. So the Chinese tourist bubble just burst. Gone in 3 weeks. That's how unreliable the tourist market here is. It can be extremely profitable and politically crucial ... but just one mishap and everything crashes.

Work continued today .... a very full day and after classes and meetings and conferences, I've now got a sore throat and headache. I've decided to skip vespers though I'm hebdom this week. Just can't do it ... so I got someone else to substitute me while I go to sleep. There comes a time when enough is enough.