Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Sun is back

Desert and a glimpse of the Dead Sea
OK ... so now today I have 1,354 views. You believe that? And it always peaks at midnight exactly. Someone is really messing around with my blog and this is getting serious. It's bad enough that my phone number has been hijacked and I'm not getting any calls, and I was locked out of my FB and WhatsApp several times ... now my blog is also targeted daily.

Otherwise ... the weather was fine today. It rose up to 14 degrees and at noon it was hot enough just to wear a pullover. I went out to enjoy the sun ... since my friend just bought a new car and wanted to try it out. We went up the Mt. of Olives and had a lovely view of the City of Jerusalem on the West and the marvellous clear view of the Jericho desert and the Dead Sea on the East. It was a good break to get out of the City and work. And the air was very fresh and clean after the past days' rain.

City of Jerusalem from afar
Other than that one hour outside the City, it was hard work the whole day. Bureaucratic paper work, lots of correspondence with publishing houses, book acquisitions, organising the boxes of books that had arrived for various libraries etc. It can get quite mind-boggling. I was running from one dept. to another so many times I actually forgot why I came to one dept, and who I was suppose to see and what I was suppose to do. I think I should retire.

Well tonight I'll get a good rest and tomorrow it's another full day of classes and meetings. And so far ... no coughing or sneezing or any signs of a cold. Fingers crossed. I'm washing my hands a lot with alcohol gel these days. and avoiding crowds. I use the alleys instead of the main streets where tourists are crowded. Better safe than sorry.