Saturday, February 22, 2020

Bad news Saturday

Rain clouds this morning
Another stabbing attack near my house .... the 2nd in 24 hours. The terrorist was shot dead and a passerby was wounded by a ricocheting bullet. That took place at Lions Gate about 120 meters from my house. Things certainly are going downhill from now on.

It drizzled the whole day ... and I guess the whole night as well. I've decided to stay home as yesterday's anti-chinese incident - the 5th time in 2 weeks - convinced me not to go out anymore while this coronavirus panic spreads. And for sure the panic will go overboard now that 9 korean pilgrims have returned home to be confirmed as infected. It's unlikely they aught it here. More likely they were already infected back in Korea when they came to make the pilgrimage. The virus just incubated till they returned to Korea a week later. Now the anti-asian sentiments will even be more aggressive. Stay home ... stay safe. I was told yesterday an asian group was chased away from standing in front of arab shops while they made the Way of the Cross.

An a terrible injustice took place ... again. Jewish settlers occupied land belonging to the Diocese in northern Samaria and complaints to the police have fallen on deaf ears. It is all part of Trump's plan to take our property and give them to Israel ... land that Trump doesn't own.   http://www.lpj.org/posts/latin-patriarchate-condemns-israeli-settlers-violations-its-property-tayasir.html?fbclid=IwAR08P3UtQlDlEsrELeqdrvSWGoGGExUXsJJfUw5N7qPk5wd5pl5GY5K-MdI

Palm Plaza ... cold and wet
And we hear that suicide bombers have targeted downtown Damascus which used to be very safe. It's terrible that no one hears of this news and even less people condemning it.  

Ending all the bad news today ... I had several attacks of asthma today. Though I didn't go to work, I cleaned my room and probably the dust affected me. It was really bad and I was so worried I thought of going to hospital. Well the wheezing and gasping has stopped ... I'll just rest tonight and see if it comes back tomorrow.