 |
| Rain again |
The rains have returned ... I was caught in a shower while on my way home from work today. I took shelter in Jack's Lebanese restaurant. I know his family well... especially his old father who escaped the war in Lebanon in the 70s and came to Israel as a refugee. Singlehandedly and with lots of health difficulties he bought up his sons and daughters. Today his youngest son Jack is a chef and owns a small restaurant specialising in lebanese food. I try to support them whenever I can. This evening I was famished as I had not eaten the whole day since yesterday. So taking advantage of the rain, I went there and asked for spaghetti with chicken shnitzel. It was good to eat hot food.
Today was exhausting as only one volunteer and myself had to prepare a major exhibition of our medieval manuscripts. The Hebrew University is holding a 3 day conference on medieval life in Jerusalem and has asked our library to host an exhibition on our precious manuscripts. It was hard work ... from physically moving exhibition stands and boxes to preparing the brochure. I had to translate some descriptions form latin into english. Now I am mentally exhausted ... I'll sleep early. Tomorrow I'll have to host the exhibition alone.
 |
| 1.3K viewers at midnight??? |
Israel has banned all Hong Kongers, Macanese, Thai and Singaporeans from entering the country. Last week it demanded only a 2 week quarantine. This is serious. And just now we receive news that the Health Ministry is warning against fake news that cause alarm in the country.
And talking about alarm, here's a photo shot of the spike of viewers of my blog last week ... 1.3K views. That's reason for alarm!!! All occurring at midnight!!!!