![]() |
| Rainy morning |
Mass in the Empty Tomb was very cold. A visiting Salesian priest joined in with 2 of my deacon salesian students ... so I let him preside. After Mass it was a short class with the group on the Bible. The group usually brings a meal for me as I never accept a stipend from them for the Mass. Today was spaghetti and fried fish and dessert was filipino puto ... a type of sweeten wheat bun. I appreciate the food they make despite their heavy working hours. They have to get up at 2 or 3am to cook before setting out of Tel Aviv for Jerusalem at 5am.
With the storm blowing, I've decided to stay home. I have another class at 3.45pm and then this evening begins my turn to be hebdom. It'll be a busy week ... presiding at Masses and communal prayers, blessing each meal, washing all the dishes for every meal, preparing the dining room for the next meal.
By the way Israel yesterday began testing travellers from East Asia including Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore at all its borders. The virus is really getting serious and is mutating too quickly for any cure to be definitive. I'm doing my best to stay home ... which is not the safest place to be actually because thousands of tourists come by our chapels. Some chinese tourists are coughing and sneezing and refuse to wear a mask, while mingling inside our chapels. We try to stop them from entering our courtyard but they wriggle through the crowds. A perfect way to spread the virus. No civic consciousness whatsoever.
