Friday, February 14, 2020

Warm weekend

The last count on viewers of my blog yesterday is 32. Compare that with the 1360 views the day before and something smells fishy.

Palm Plaza at 11 degrees
The weather has certainly warmed up alot. Last night was 11 degrees and the highest today was 18 degrees. The muezzin start their sunrise call top prayer at 4.55am which means daylight is getting longer .... and so summer is on its way. I do miss summer though I never get to enjoy it. And anyway the weekend is upon us ... and though I do look forward to it, I also won't be able to enjoy some free time as weekends are full of activities and masses and classes as well.

This afternoon we'll celebrate the graduation of Fr. Pedro. He defended his doctorate on Monday and will soon return to his mission in Taiwan. Our little chinese community of priests and religious would like to congratulate him and wish him the best for his future. Now our community will become even smaller as no new chinese-speaking priest or religious is coming to study.

The coronavirus is taking its toll on Israeli tourism. A newspaper report says it all.   https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-virus-concerns-hit-israeli-tourism-1001318287?fbclid=IwAR0fXCQCbgFXK4zqqFqxrb5VUioduB8ln4Xrh4wJqTiXRMi3SajTRRHD8go

I've been extra careful in washing my hands as I have to go and return from work walking through the City. You can never be too careful. Yesterday I started having a sore throat which scared me ... but I realized it was because I ate alot of chicken curry that our indian sisters had cooked and that burnt my throat. It was spicy and I had also microwaved it very hot .... totally burned my throat after that.

Meantime the Gaza's have agreed to halt sending incendiary balloons into Israel. Thank goodness. That should ease the tension in the south at least. At least this weekend will see some peace and calm there instead of the usual clashes and injuries.