Monday, July 30, 2012

Even sicker

Tisha B'Av at the Wailing Wall
So my canary finally died this morning. From today we're going to get proactive and rid the cats from our house. I guess it was fitting that it died on Tisha B'Av. Yesterday I saw lots of orthodox jews wearing slippers, sandals or barefoot in the streets as a sign of mourning for the lost of the Temple. At the Wailing Wall, they sat on the floor and read the Book of Lamentations. I've been reflecting on this tradition and how the Christian Church reinterpreted this - we read Lamentations on Good Friday when the Temple of His Body was destroyed. The physical building of the Temple was predicted by Christ to be fruitless and destined for destruction.

I'm sicker than before ... the fever is still high but it fluctuates between dreadful chills. A splitting headache. And a mother of all sore-throats ... I can't even swallow milk or yoghurt. I bet you I'm going to lose another 5 kg this week. I must go to the doc's today. This is really serious. This morning I almost fainted twice because of the pain. Managed to call Rani's mum at the pharmacy and she prepared several types of medicine. Firas went to pick it up. The medicine tasted nasty but it reduced some of the pain and fever. But I still feeling terribly sick.

Israeli lychees
Yesterday Buscemi (he's back for a couple of weeks) bought some lychees and gave some to me. Knowing how heaty lychees are, and me being sick, I didn't dare eat them. But here's a photo - Israeli grown lychees. They're not very sweet, in fact they're quite tart. The pulp sticks to the seed. And the rind is like a plastic covering, it literally snaps off bit by bit. More genetic engineering required I guess.

The cramps are killing me again. Gotta roll up in bed and scream.