Monday, July 2, 2012

The big picture

Outspoken and unconventional rabbi Eliezar Berland calls for intervention in Syria to "save the Ishmaelites" - "even though some may grow up to be terrorists".  http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/yeshiva-head-calls-for-intervention-in-syria-to-save-ishmaelites-1.448289

Dinner: spaghetti alio/olio
what's left of it
And a disturbing video of Israeli soldier kicking a 9 yr old arab boy while another holds him.  http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=276003   Mind you, you should also remember that the soldiers are under alot of pressure in Hebron; and arabs are known to kill their daughters for going out with the wrong guy, wrong clothes, wrong attitudes. So I'm not making any judgments here. Just simply telling you to see the big picture in which the small picture takes place.

Lunch: corn on the cob
what's left of it
Yesterday's lunch was unique - a corn on the cob that I bought and boiled. Haven't eaten corn for a very long time. Actually I bought 4 to feed the canaries, but decided to eat one myself! Then I realised it was an experience of what poor people have for their meals. It did fill the stomach though. Evening I had a terrible craving for spaghetti so I went to Bolognese Restaurant for an Alio e Olio. Not the best that I've ever eaten, but I finished everything on the plate. So that's the big picture for you - lunch plate is a meal for the poor, dinner plate for those who can afford. If I had only shown you only one or the other, you'd be thinking that I'm eating poorly or extravagantly. Well the truth is always somewhere in between.

Meantime Jewish extremist elements have vandalised the famous remains of an ancient synagogue in Tiberias, causing millions of dollars of damage.   http://www.jpost.com/nationalnews/article.aspx?id=271844  Maybe rabbi Eliezar should call for help to "save archaeology" from the fanatics, those who fail to see the big picture.