What is it with arabs from Jerusalem? They, and only they, will say "sini" ("chinese") at me as if I don't know that already. So take the case of last night in Tel Aviv. Hundreds of tourists and local Israelis passed me by, but one had to stop and say "sini" at me like as if in a zoo. My fed-up response was "yaaa arabi" ("hey arab!") to him back. So he got shocked that I could speak arabic. So he said again in arabic "You're chinese right?" and I asked back "And you're arab right?" and I added "You must be from Jerusalem", and he got even more surprised and said "Yes how did you know?" ..... like is there any other dead giveaway???? Only Jerusalemite arabs say that "sini" stuff as if seeing a martian. I don't get it and I won't even try.
 |
A typical road in the Old City If only life could be so easy and straight without any quirks |
So I had to go see my physiotherapist yesterday afternoon in Tel Aviv (actually Ramat Gan) as my neck and shoulder problem was getting worse. I couldn't even lift up my left arm. For 2 full hours my physio adjusted my shoulders and neck and analysed the different pains I had in my joints as all interconnected. "One millimeter of mis-adjustment in the foot would result in a centimenter shift in the neck" he said ... and that made sense. Anyway it was good because after that I could lift my left arm and even touch my toes.
With the physical pain gone, I now had to deal with psychological trauma - the workers who were supposed to come to do the renovation had again failed to come and start work. It's the 3rd day running that they promised to come but didn't. What is it with these arab workers? They have an allergy to work? I can't take these quirks anymore .....