Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday

Totally knocked out this afternoon. Like after lunch I was so overcome with tiredness, a dull headache, and was really getting incoherent. Then fell into a strange sleep that lasted four and a half hours. Really weird. It's like the time when I got my mobile stolen in the mall ... like being drugged. There was this woman who came up and talked and talked and asked to see my mobile and I became so out of sync till another Father came up to me and asked why I gave my mobile to the lady who had already walked away with it.

And talk about stolen ... I'm getting stock of my things being stolen ... besides the two mobiles on two different occassions, there's the everyday stolen mail, two pants, several socks, two shirts, one winter jersey   and several woollen clothes. It's becoming a joke here that whatever is sent to the laundry's never returns. And there's the bigger joke last week when Fr Marcello actually bought two new towels. I laughed at him because I said it's gonna get stolen when it's sent to the laundry, and he sorta regretted having bought them. So each time I see him I ask if he still has the towels and he says he's not using them .... yet!!!!

Meantime the soldiers are still flooding the Old City and the City gates are all closed. Dreadful tension. Shopkeepers speak to me in whispers. Observation balloons hover a mile up in the sky with cameras watching everyone's move in the Old City. I don't know if I can go out to work tomorrow. But sleeping would be a nice alternative.... give or take the endless pain of the spondylosis.