Another Friday of riots - though less serious than last week. Rock throwing and police charges. But it was ok enough for the Way of the Cross to take place. I smartly stayed far away from the Old City. On my return I asked several arab store-keepers what happened and they said "A lot calmer than last week". Well, it should be! The soldiers closed off the Old City since yesterday. Literally. No one below 55 years old could enter the Old City and no one below 50 yrs could enter the mosque which is in the Old City.
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=170858
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1156048.html
Being a foreigner, I could enter and exit the City but not without being questioned by soldiers. And the military presence is awesome. The City gates and certain angles in the Old City near my place were packed with police and soldiers. People are saying there're more military in the Old City than inhabitants.
Meantime I'm trying to solve my spondylosis problem. it's a killer. I've lost alot of sleep because of the pain, which is excruciating. I think tomorrow morning I'll go to the pharmacist's and get some painkillers. I'm like a zombie during the day. Utterly exhausted. And my water bag traction doesn't seem to be helping. Aaaaagghhh
It's Friday today - fasting day. I was pretty good today. Stayed off water and food till 5pm. Then Janik (our computer expert) and I walked back to the Old City, having a sandwich along the way to break our fast. We had to go to the Curia to get some documents sealed with the official stamp. And tomorrow night is another Vigil ... will go and pray for you there at the Tomb of Christ.
And oooohhhhh earthquakes in Hawaii and again in Chile. It's a bad sign. it's coming........