![]() |
| Weekend seafood market |
I've tried to get out of my room at sunset to walk around and lower the BP. It's usually to the bakery at Musrara open market about 800m away. There's always a large crowd, with a few people wearing masks. The Delta plus variant is spreading rapidly here but no one seems to bother because the symptoms are light and there are not many serious consequences. Unless it's on someone like me .... it would be devastating.
Yesterday being Friday ... the first day of the weekend here, the seafood stalls were brimming with produce from the coastal cities. I saw huge squid and crabs and fish for sale. Most customers packing the stalls were asians ... filipinas, chinese and indians. Arabs are conservative eaters and dare not try anything outside of their bedouin cuisine. Jews wont eat it because it's not kosher. For asians, it's a rare treat that's available only on weekends, and it's very costly. A kilo of anything would cost US$15 at least. I'd love to cook some things with those fresh seafood ... but the price is too forbidding. Anyway I need to watch my diet ... to lower my BP and sugar levels.
I intend to take the next few weeks slowly. No stress. It'll be my "summer holiday." That means I might switch off my phone.
