Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Agapanthus treat

Agapanthus in the park
The temp now at 3pm is 32 degrees and by the weekend, it will reach 35 degrees. The sun scorches the skin ... it is that hot. And there's no breeze today nor clouds. I really want to stay home this week ... going out in this heat, with my high bp and asthma ... it's a deadly combination.

Well at least the summer flowers are enjoying this heat. Agapanthus are flourishing everywhere, as are marigolds and zinnias. These are very tough plants that can bloom under the burning heat of the Middle East ... but they need alot of water in the evenings though or they'll die the next day. In the park, huge swaths of blue and white agapanthus are in bloom, and it's an amazing sight. Very calming and even deceptive of the heat as their delicate tiny blossoms sway about while butterflies and bees fly around them. It is treat to walk among them.

Swathes of agapanthus
Bad news ... there were over 700 new cases of Covid Delta here. It's no alarm though as most are little symptoms and rarely are the cases requiring hospitalization. Still it is a threat to people like me who are high-risk, and especially after I've suffered embolism.  I'm still with my mask ... regardless of what people say or laugh. My bp is still high .. 140+/9-+ ... and I still suffer from giddiness and nausea. I still go daily for acupressure sessions with the chinese sisters, and I hope in the long run it'll re-balance my body. What I lack is sleep ... and I'm not sure if I can catch up with that as this morning students were banging on my door, waking me up and asking for stuff that doesn't really involve me ... like if I have shekels to change for dollars. This summer heatwave is driving people mad.