Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Futile

1500 yr old church in Samaria
 I wanted so much to stay home and rest today but as usual there are so many demands cannot be rejected. An account had to be opened with the Post Office tax dept. and a consignment of books was scheduled to arrive this morning from our printery. Under the hot sun, I slowly made my way up to our offices 1km away, feeling still dizzy and nauseous as my bp is still 140+. Reached the Printery office only to be told the books are not ready and may only come this afternoon. Went to our finance dept to resolve the taxation account, and the worker took a day off. I just wanted to cry. It took me so much effort to walk up ... and nobody, nothing was around. It's so surreal ... and nightmarish.

Incised cross from
the church
I walked home slowly in the heat ... my ankle hurting and with difficulty breathing. School kids were going to summer camp ... which takes a load off working parents. Summer camp here means going back to school for half a day ... with play activities, sports and nearby excursions. It's not much, but for most of these underprivileged kids, it's a nice break. I have always wanted to organise a summer camp based on religious formation for the kids... but never found the help I needed. Maybe one fine day my dream will come true.

The heatwave is still hovering over us. Luckily my old portable aircon still works and with the cool air in my room, the nasty insects don't come to bother me. It's all weather driven ... anything beyond 32 degrees and those bloodsuckers are flying about. Below 25 degrees and they disappear.

I'm hoping to finally get some rest now. Photos of the ancient church ruins of St. Mary built by Emperor Zeno at the top of Mt. Gerizim to replace the Samaritan Temple after their revolt was squashed.