![]() |
| My bird-of-paradise in bloom |
Forecast is still continuing rain for tomorrow. It makes throwing out the garbage an unpleasant affair. I have to dress up extra thick to avoid catching a cold, then lug huge sacks of garbage down the road several times as I can't manage to bring all the sacks at the same time.
Today I got back to work. The backlog wasn't too huge. But my only cataloger who is doing his civil service in my library will leave on Saturday. So it was stock-checking what he did and how to continue from there. My biggest problem is now to find someone to substitute him. With the pandemic in its 3rd wave, no one is likely to come from abroad. I'm stuck for at least 6 months before any light will shine for a new volunteer.
Hanukkah ends tonight. Now perhaps the crowds will disperse and chances of a 3rd lockdown be avoided. If we can just keep it under control for 2 weeks, we might still be able to celebrate Christmas. Fingers crossed.
