Saturday, December 19, 2020

Mr. K burgers

 

Mr. K's burger
Well my volunteer left this morning so I'll have to do all the work of cataloguing, subscribing, classifying and moving books around. The handing over of jobs took the whole of yesterday as I needed to be sure of everything before he left. When I got home at 5pm, the sky was already dark like midnight. I was very hungry s I hadn't eaten anything all day so I decided to buy a burger from the guys who used to work at Rossini's. Rossini is closed for good due to the pandemic but the chefs and manager decided to open a small burger place further down the road. I've known those guys since they were kids, so I thought I'd support them during this Christmas season. They were very happy to see me and made a huge burger and gave me a discount ... which they usually do back at Rossini's. But seeing how bad the economic situation is, I couldn't accept the discount. But they insisted. So I left a larger tip for them just to make up. 

Mr. K burgers
Met my former superior at the other workplace today. He asked how I was and I said I've been tested negative for corona. He said that may be so but still if I were in close proximity with an infected person, I still have to stay 14 days in quarantine. He's right. I'll just have to check if I was close to any infected person last week.

While infection rates have gone above 2800+ the govt instead of tightening restrictions as promised, is now doing the opposite ... opening up libraries and other cultural institutions. I can't see the logic behind it. Anyway I'm not losing sleep over that ... too many things here defy logic. That's the way it is. Well it's the weekend ... my first semester of studying Coptic theology just ended. I'm resting and preparing for Christmas.