![]() |
| Clalit clinic |
I went to the Clalit clinic this morning for my appointment. It was my first time. Luckily the mother of one of my librarians offered to drive me there as she lives close by. It's up on Mt. Scopus where the University is, the northern range of the Mt. of Olives ... and the roads up on the mount are in disarray because the govt is building a tramway from the City below to the Hadassah Hospital situated in the University. Impossible to park. I dropped off and went to register myself. Everything in arabic ... and in lots of dialects which I have difficulty understanding. The screen wasn't working so I had to strain very hard to hear my number and which room to go to.
The doctor was very nice and spoke english. It was a short visit ... one quick jab and all was done. I was doubting if she gave me enough of the vaccine because it was just jab and finish. Anyway she told me to stay in the waiting room for another 15 mins to wait if I get an adverse reaction before going home. I felt ok after 10 minutes so I went back home. The road home is about 3.5km steep downhill and on a Spring or Summer day it would have been very pleasant.
Anyway Clalit is one of the huge medical insurance companies in Israel and they run their own clinics and emergency rooms. There are also private doctors who register with Clalit so we can also go to see them. I just need to check out what my policy includes ... like dentistry, physiotherapy etc... I saw in the clinic a department for acupuncture as well!
The govt backed down on its night-time curfew plans after a backlash from the public. Instead the opposite has happened ... they decided to open shopping malls, museums and open markets! It's like if you want to die, be my guess!
And yesterday saw a massive ultra-orthodox revolt in a Jerusalem neighbourhood because the govt wants to build a tramway across their area ... and the residents don't like it. Several people including police were injured.
