 |
| Notre Dame Center at night |
Small shop owners are threatening to rebel against the national lockdown as they will lose massively. The finance ministry predicts a loss of almost 3 million shekels this time round. I think what ultimately will turn the infection curve down is not closures but public observance of wearing masks and social-distancing. It's as easy as that. Asian countries have proven that it works. But over here, many people disregard these simple rules. It's always the argument of personal rights and political conspiracy. There's no concern for others' welfare, no civic mindedness, no love of neighbour. It's the worst of western democracy without a spirit.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-set-to-impose-3rd-lockdown-ramp-up-vaccine-distribution/?fbclid=IwAR3L27848ZYSBNRyGwn2cK28dzIX5cDSImKorhn_6PH9mH1o--1TsV9qBNQThe weather is terribly cold even though the weather stations say it's 14 degrees at noon. It felt like zero. A very strong cold wind is blustering through the country. Feels like from Siberia. Last night I couldn't sleep because even my 2 heaters weren't enough. I'll have to use an extra blanket tonight. Too bad it's not raining or snowing. It would be nice for Christmas.
 |
| My lemons |
Yesterday morning I pruned our 2 lemon trees and harvested 2 cartons of lemons. Many were not ripe ones as it's mid-winter and there's little chance they'll mature. But they're all very fragrant. Good for making limoncello. We've been using them for several years now ... and the limoncello is great. At least that's what they tell me ... I don't drink alcohol. I just provide the lemons!
I'll be working from home now the lockdown is in place. I want to avoid going out ... but knowing my luck, I'll get called out to do something or other, and will have a lot of explaining to the police who're stationed at every corner of our streets. Fingers crossed.