Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Covid testing

Long line for covid test
 Today is the day ... covid testing day. I planned to go up to the Clalit clinic up on Mt. Scopus but one of my librarians told me there's a special tent set up at the carpark opposite the clinic that does the tests. Further queries informed that it's a drive-in test ... no walk-ins allowed. Just as well ... I got our janitor to drive me there. 

The drive-in test opens from 2pm to 8pm. And when we arrived at 2pm the queue was half a km long down the hill. We were number 22 in the queue. Once the operators were ready and opened the tents, things picked up quickly. Within 10 minutes it was my turn. The guy was very kind and gentle. He asked if I spoke english and explained what he would do. Then the swabbed my throat and my nostril, excusing that it's uncomfortable. Well it wasn't. It was very quick and I felt only a little of the swabbing. I would have thought that a frontliner would be stressed and rude ... after hours of repetitive work to huge crowds. But this guy was very professional. I thanked him for his great work. 

My turn soon
I don't have any symptoms of covid except for my breathlessness. But I thought it's best to go for a check and be sure. Now it's waiting for 48 for the results. And I have to stay in my room in the meantime. Just as well. I will catch up with my studies. There's a major thunderstorm rolling in right now and so staying in my room is the best choice. Forecast predicts 3 or 4 days of heavy rains, strong winds and lots of lightening and thunder.