Thursday, August 30, 2018

Taiji at the Park

Taiji at the Park
Last night I woke up with an excruciating pain in my right knee. That's the one without meniscus. It wasn't cramps ... just a dreadful pain at the kneecap. At 5.30am when I had to walk to the Ivrea Convent for Mass ... I was limping and walking very slowly. It's still tender all day but I can manage to walk. I wonder what happened.

On my way to Mass I have to pass by the Rockefeller Park each morning. Today I had a surprise .... a chinese guy was doing Taiji ... Chen style ... alot of stomping and punches. That was the last thing I expected. Given that it was so early, there was no one

Well anyway yesterday I was very tired and by 5pm I fell asleep ... without dinner as usual. I slept right through till about midnight when my knee hurt. After that episode I fell back asleep till 4.30am. That really needed the sleep ... it's something I wanted to do for summer ... to catch up with sleep. Then it occurred to me that it's the end fo August. My summer "holiday" is over. Tragedy.

Ultra-orthodox pressure is growing in Jerusalem ... especially in keeping the Sabbath. They are now harassing a very famous restaurant that opens on the Sabbath. And apparently the police are not doing anything about it. The implosion deepens. All I can say is with this internal struggle and division going on ... it makes hollow the claim to unite Jerusalem both east and west when this unity is just geo-political. There is no unity in the soul of Jerusalem.   https://www.timesofisrael.com/ultra-orthodox-mob-harasses-central-jerusalem-bar-for-opening-on-shabbat/