Thursday, August 2, 2018

Sick again

Ticketing office at the Film Festival
I missed the showing of Grease at the Film Festival yesterday. It's the 40th anniversary of the movie and the Film Festival paid tribute by not just showing the film but also a singalong with the movie. I had gone there half an hour earlier and there was a live interview onstage with Shababnik ... an orthodox jewish rock group. But before the movie started I received  message from a very good friend to say he's free and would like to meet up. So I gave up the movie and met him and we had a nice chat for 2 hours over a cup of coffee. He's an animator and while still understudying, has done a few animated movies and shows. There was a lot we talked about ... it's not just simply sketching but a study of movement, balance, physiognomy, culture and history. very interesting.

That was when I fainted ... at the cafe. I was feeling unwell all day but stuck inside a tiny cafe with heat and noise ... I blacked out. Luckily my friend was there and he brought me out for some fresh air when I got round. I think exhaustion played a large part ... I could feel the exhaustion all over my shoulders before I blacked out. And the stress of dealing with banks and lawyers and post offices and taxes and seizures and confiscations .... summer holiday is not at all what I wanted or expected. It's worse than school term.

My roses in bloom
Anyway I managed to sleep for 4 hours last night before it was time to go to say Mass for the aged nuns in the arab village in the morning. Today I still feel very queasy and luckily one nun from the hospital was over at our house. She took my BP and said it was normal so it's either my diabetes or exhaustion that's wearing me down. I tried to rest after lunch but I had to go for confessions and a bible talk and adoration. Yes I am exhausted. I hope things won't get worse during the weekend. I need to rest.

Well in Gaza the people there are also exhausted ... Israel has stopped all fuel and gas into the Strip so the gazans have no electricity or fuel. The israelis are tired of the gazans setting fire on israeli fields. The gazans are tired of the israeli blockade of daily necessities for the past 7 years.  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-no-fuel-no-gas-israel-clamps-down-on-gaza-over-airborne-firebombs-1.6338412

Meantime up in the north ISIS entered within 200 meters of the Israeli border with Syria. Israel took no chances and killed 7 terrorists as they were carrying weapons and suicide vests. No chances ... any breach will be devastating and too late to regret.  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-strikes-several-armed-terrorists-in-syrian-golan-heights-1.6339208