Security in and around the Old City was stepped up today following yesterday's stabbing attempt. Busloads of muslims from around the country have been arriving and most of the youths were stopped and searched by the police. It's a sad situation. But it wasn't so tense that violent confrontations were on the verge ... it was quiet, even silent but you could feel the unhappiness underneath.
 |
| Poor dog |
Talking about unhappy ... I saw a poor abandoned dog yesterday while on my way to visit the korean group. It was sitting in the sand between the tramway and the road. I wish I could have given it some water and food, maybe to care for it till it gets adopted. But dogs are not allowed in our house. So I had to walk pass feeling sad for the poor dog.
 |
| Weekend at Jaffa Street |
Meantime the weekend is over. Tomorrow Sunday is the first working day. I'll have to start working very early - 2.30am at the airport to pick some one up. It'll be a nice visit but I wish I had more time to sleep. This summer holiday is as hectic as the previous summers ... perhaps even more so because of my shoulder and ankle injuries which cause sleepless nights. During the day I tire out and am not able to do much because I'm so sleepy.
There's been a bit of news regarding a rabbi and his foundation that helped syrian christian refugees in Jordan. Interesting read but note it's aimed at US evangelical christian supporters of Israel.
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5330322,00.html