 |
Jews and muslims locked out at Damascus Gate |
Yesterday's calm was broken by today's stabbing attempt near our house. Always near our house ... about 100 meters away. A muslim from a northern village, after the 4.30pm prayers, came out of the Al Aqsa mosque into the street and tried to stab 3 policemen. He was shot. Then the entire Muslim Quarter was locked down. Hundreds of police were sent into the Old City. I happened to just go out to meet a korean group and found our street deserted except for the soldiers. Locals stood at their doors in silence ... all down the street and into the main artery El Wad street as well. It was very tense and sombre. Further at Damascus Gate I saw hundreds of jews and muslims locked out at the top of the stairs. No one was allowed to enter. It was like the past years. It's terrible.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-attempts-to-stab-cop-in-jerusalems-old-city-is-shot-report/
Next Tuesday the muslim feast of Eid al Adha will begin and lasts for 5 days. It commemorates the sacrifice of Abraham of his son Ishmael (not Isaac) but was substituted by a ram. It will be very tense after this stabbing attempt.
I Have been busy working as usual but Ive been having a fever for 2 nights now. And my shoulder inflammation is bad and hurts very much. I can't sleep at night because of the pain. But I don't have anymore free time to see the doctor. It's going to be a very painful and sleepless summer.