Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Help needed

Protest at Paris Square
It's the feast of St. Augustine. Not among my favourite saints ... to say the least. It was Mass as usual at 6am at the Ivrea convent. I leave about 20 minutes prior because I can't walk fast. In summer it's ok because the sun is up early and these few weeks it's been cool and pleasant. If I reach the convent early, I spend some time walking around Rockefeller Park which is totally restructured ... fantastic but always littered by the arabs.

Just after lunch we received news that the Paris Square junction in front of Terra Santa College and Supersol supermarket was blocked by hundreds of protesters. No one seems to know why but the traffic jam was horrific. I had to warn the other guys who're guiding groups to avoid that road or they might be stuck for hours.

New 7th Station
chapel
Yesterday I paid a visit to the 7th Station which I have not done for a long time. It was a big surprise as the Custody had bought the shop next to it and excavated and found an ancient building below. It'll probably serve as a 3rd chapel for the 7th Station. It's certainly expanding.

Just got a call from Singapore High Commission asking for help. An elderly Singaporean lady called Anna Kadoorie was found wandering in Ben Gurion airport for several days. She is unable to give any information about herself except that she holds a Singapore passport. No air ticket. Can anyone in Singapore help identify her family so they can take responsibility for her?

West Nile fever has hit Israel. Yesterday a 3rd person died, 14 are critical and 68 hospitalised. It's getting more widespread. I'll need to buy anti-mosquito spray.