Wednesday, August 1, 2018

1.8.18

My vantage point for the movie
So yes ... it was a film festival in Jerusalem. I took a walk in the evening and saw many spot with screens and people sitting down watching movies. I went up to Independence Park and there were 2 screens, one up on the hill and one below. The area was fenced off with one entrance and there was a ticket office so I thought I'd ned to buy a ticket which I cannot afford. So I stood on the opposite hillock and watched the entire film free-of-charge. It was a horror movie ... I think it was called Scream. In the dark, there were people dressed in black with the Scream mask frightening people. All in all it was a fun evening, after all it's summer. Tonight I'll go and watch another film but I'm not sure which venue is filming one that I would like. Anyway that's one more summer must-do that's covered.

Obviously I had recovered enough yesterday evening from my cold, to go watch the movie. I had a good sleep when I came home from the movie and I felt better this morning. Which was just as well because this morning I had an important meeting at the bank with our lawyer and accountant. We needed to unblock the utterly bureaucratic process of our account and then closing it entirely. It was blocked for 2 years and finally we've managed to resolve this. So the morning went well ... though with all the bureaucracy, it took good 4 hours. Just waiting our turn took 1 hour. This would never happen at any bank in Asia.

Anyway today is 1.8.18 ... which will only happen once in a 100 years. I hope to enjoy it ... any excuse for the summer!!