Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Work work work

Municipality Square's new look
Remembrance Day has begun. State officials have gathered at Mt. Herzl military ceetary to commemorate the 6000+ soldiers and civilians who died for the country. It's a sombre moment. Sirens will soon sound and there will be a minute's silence. Same tomorrow morning.

Municipality Square has got a new look after the cathedral of palm trees were chopped down due to disease. There are plant boxes with flowers and trees with seats all around. Just in time for Remembrance Day events in the Square as well as for Independence Day.

Tomorrow evening Independence Day will begin. It's Israel's 70th year of foundation. And there's going to be a big bash in celebrations. The streets throughout the city have been draped with flags and lights. Yet despite the festive atmosphere, a tense anxiety has enveloped the country. All the newspapers are reporting that the army is ready for a revenge attack from Syria or Iran especially since this morning an Iranian base was destroyed by Israeli bombers inside Syria.
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-planning-for-direct-attack-from-Iran-in-Syria-550073    and
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5232465,00.html

Lutheran church
bell tower
My Independence Day holiday will be burned .... like my Easter holidays. I have to stay home and correct all the theses of the students. Its driving me mad ... all the grammatical mistakes. I've been wondering why I make all these sacrifices even when I'm sick and am on doctor's orders to rest from work. Then I think of the seminarians who cannot be ordained priests this June if they do not hand in their theses ... well I can't abandon my students. It's a few days of my time but it'll be a lifetime for them. So I just shut up and shut myself in my room and continue correcting.

This morning I got up to water the flowers early at 5am in order to have more time to correct the theses. Out on the roof I had a surprise ... the Lutheran Church's bell tower was all lit up. It was very beautiful and was never like that before.

Meantime medical marijuana oil will soon be sold in pharmacies in 5 days time. That's good news. That will stop my dreadful cramps from IBS and pain from arthritis. It really helps.  http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/RX-420-on-its-way-in-Israel-550028