Monday, April 23, 2018

Rockets

Dead City as temp. plunges
News just coming in ... a missile from Syria has smashed into northern Israel. Israeli air defense is responding. It's thought that the rocket accidentally fell into Israel ... since the syrian civil war is very close to the border. But Israel is not taking any chances. It's been said again and again that both sides do not want a war ... but it's these little skirmishes that will break the camel's back. 

Meantime we've been getting contradictory news from inside Syria regarding the use of chemical weapons in Douma. The US, UK and France used it as a reason to bomb Syria but our priests and nuns living in Damascus are saying they have heard of no such chemical weapons, or that the chemical weapons were used by the rebels. Last night even the BBC reported that there are many on-ground reports contradicting its report about the chemical attack. In fact one sister has appealed to the pope to listen to those living in Syria and not to western reports. So right now we don't know who to believe.   https://www.interris.it/esteri/siria--l-appello-al-papa-di-suor-yola

Quiche and salad dinner
Temp. has dropped drastically yesterday. It was down to 10 degrees yesterday evening and suddenly winter coats and hoodies are out again. And drizzle occasionally fell as well. Hardly anyone was out int eh streets. It was very deserted. I tough went out to have dinner with an old friend whom I have not seen for a year now. Well I hardly ate anything as it was too cold and I was very tired ... but it was good to chat up with him again. He's been studying animation and has worked on a Disney production. I'm hoping to see his name on the credit role. Very proud of him for doing what he likes ... it doesn't really pay very well and the hours are very long. But he loves his job and that's what matters. Well we shared a quiche and salad ... actually I ate only a mouthful of quiche and he ate the rest. I wasn't hungry.  

Well the weather has been messy up with my lungs and I've been wheezy a lot today. Thanks to the Sydney group of pilgrims who brought over Telfast. I really needed that ... as they're very expensive here. Thanks also for all the other stuff, food, clothes from Sydney and Singapore. Appreciate it.