Sunday, April 22, 2018

First Communion

Sisters' courtyard in the rain
It's the 4th Sunday of Easter, and our parish was celebrating the First Communion of the students. I was at the library this morning at 10am and found the door blocked by a car. The whole courtyard was filled with cars. It's one of those days when catholics come for Mass .... to see and be seen. Everyone was dressed to kill .... even the poorest ones. And then after Mass ... you don't see them again until Christmas.

It rained this morning ... really rain. Hard shower. The sound of the rain on the stones and metal roofs made such a noise ... it has been a very very long time since we heard of such a thing. At 6am it rained quite heavily then tapered off at about 8am, but when I started the Armenian Mass at 9am, it started again ... so loud even the congregation could not hear me despite the microphone. That was how loud the rain was.

Buddy is green, Chilli is
yellow
Anyway I managed to sleep several hours yesterday ... the exhaustion was bad after 10 days of non-stop correcting theses. That was in the afternoon. Last night I slept well again ... probably because of the rain. It was so cold I had to turn on my heater. I had several coughing fits last night because the heater made the air very dry. When I started coughing badly, Buddy my conure parakeet who sleeps in the bathroom, flew up to me and started squawking and biting my ears to wake me up. I don't know where he learned to do that but I realised in these 2 years, he always does that when he thinks I'm in trouble breathing. Buddy is quite sensitive to my health and knows how to react. Chilli the baby pineapple conure is still in the biting stage .... all my books destroyed, the keys on my keyboard gone, wooden doorframe gone ... now he's trying to bite electrical wires. That's the redline. Everytime I go out, they're both inside the cage. It's for their own good.