 |
| Collapsed separation wall ... (reuters) |
The consequences of the great flood continue to affect us today. News came in that 2 ten yr old arab boys drowned in a pool near Hebron. Properties have been destroyed, infrastructure have been damaged ... but everyone is trying to get back to normal as much as possible. In the West Bank, part of the separation wall collapsed. What politicians couldn't do, Mother Nature succeeded ... one big rainstorm and the wall fell. Modern version of the walls of Jericho. And just when the hail and rainstorm is over ... deep in the southern desert, a major sandstorm has broken out. The southern most city of Eilat was covered in a blanket of yellow dust. Visibility was a minimum. If the weather is reflecting our political situation here in the Middle East (and often it does), well we're in for a nasty summer.
Yesterday Friday saw another wave of confrontations at the Gaza border. Gaza's swarmed the border fences and tried to cut it open. Israeli soldiers opened fire and 4 were killed and many wounded. Things will only get more tense as the date for America's embassy move to Jerusalem in May.
https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-uses-tear-gas-on-Gaza-protesters-amid-UN-condemnation-552903
 |
| Major sandstorm in the south |
Well I must be very very stressed out because I am getting lost and confused again. This morning I spent half an hour searching for my spectacles. I was in a hurry to go out to the office and I couldn't find the specs. Finally wore an old pair (which gives me a headache) and went down to the library to final check on the workers there. Found my specs on my office table. And that's not all, I couldn't sleep all night because I'm getting worried about missing classes. I've had 2 sleepless weeks correcting theses and now I'm sleepless because I might miss classes. Like I'm in for a bigtime nervous breakdown ... either that or my brains are utterly exhausted.
I need a vacation. Have been saying that for the past 15 years. Dream on ....