 |
| Storm and huge hail fell yesterday |
There was a hailstorm late yesterday afternoon. Thunder, lightening and a horrendous noise ... I thought a truck was rumbling through out tiny cobbled street. It was during class. After class I went out to find hailstones on our terrace. In Tel Aviv the streets were flooded and there's a video of garbage bins floating down the street. In Rehovot, another city near Tel Aviv, the roof of a supermarket gave way and there was a waterfall washing everything from the shelves unto the floor. In the desert city of Dimona, the hail were so big many cars were damaged. Other cities had a carpet of smaller hail ... like snow in winter.
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5241033,00.html
 |
Sewage in the street |
Today in the late afternoon another enormous storm broke. The sewage system near Damascus Gate gave way and manholes exploded with gushing raw sewage flowing all down the streets. It was terrible ... and I had to wade through it in order to get home. There was thunder and lightening to add to the drama. Back home I saw news that the sewage system in the New City also crumbled under the fierce rain and hail storm. Nowhere is safe ... except my room. Then again ... the electricity has gone off twice so we're never sure if and when we have electricity.
Well it's better to stay at home in the dark than out in the hail and rain with sewage swirling round your feet.