 |
| Jaffa Street in the drizzle |
The forecasted rain today didn't come ... well almost. It drizzled all morning. And at times quite heavy. But nobody minded. Everyone was bare-headed and enjoyed the rare weather. The temperature has fallen though and everyone is out with hoodies and thick jackets. The nights go down to 12 degrees. But with the drizzle means the roads get very slippery and today I almost slipped twice. It's a scary experience. Luckily it's the Sabbath so there are very few cars on the streets and so no major accidents took place. I hope this little drizzle had helped put out the forest fire in Ein Kerem. It might at least slowed down the fire when the trees are wet.
 |
| Dies Academicus this morning |
This morning I had to go to the Salesian university's Dies Academicus ... which is their sort of Speech Day. They invite some important person to deliver a keynote talk on a certain topic, and then the faculty presents it's honors to retired professors and introduce new books published. Despite the heavy drizzle a sizable audience turned up. I was lucky because our dean was going as well so he drove me along. But I came home early (in the middle of the talk!!!) because I had left the library unattended and there were several students and profs in there. So I rushed home (in the slippery roads, it was more like a waddle) to work back there.
In the afternoon the drizzle stoped and I had to clear up the courtyard from unwanted plants. There're huge vases which I cannot manage alone so I left those ... and threw away only the smaller ones that I could move. There're too many plants on the courtyard and it weighs down on the library and museum below ... causing leaks when it rains or snows. I guess I'll have to continue clearing the courtyard out tomorrow as well because once the rains begin, it'll be too late.