![]() |
| Cardinal Sandri at dinner |
Our indian sisters who cooked dinner got to see the cardinal after his speech to us. We had pizza (Thursday night) ... a simple dinner which I'm sure the cardinal appreciated. However I had a small allergic attack when there was something in the pizza that made me choke. Had to rush upstairs to get my medicine. After that I came back down to the refectory but I was quite sleepy due to the medication. So I went to sleep immediately after the cardinal left.
The big news today is the massive ultra-orthodox jewish demonstration against the country's compulsory military draft law. Central Jerusalem was blocked by thousands of protesters. Traffic came to a standstill. Police tried to push back the protesters and clashes broke out. It was bad. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5030817,00.html
The lone female solider who fought off hundreds of spitting and kicking ultra-orthodox jews can be seen here https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.818101
Then today, the new moon, jewish women who wish to pray at the Wailing Wall but have been blocked by the rabbis, were joined by veteran soldiers who liberated the Wall 60 years ago. However police pushed back and clashed with the veterans, sending a elderly ex-commander in chief down to the floor. http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/WATCH-Soldiers-who-liberated-Jerusalem-pushed-away-from-the-Western-Wall-507952
All everyone can say is: the minority ultra-orthodox have taken over the country. They have controlled the country and the govt allowed it. They control the govt.
