Tuesday, October 31, 2017

All Hallowed's Eve

Storm clouds in
the morning
Yes it's Halloween again ... meaning nothing here in the Holy Land. It's a thoroughly American thing and local christians here have no interest in dressing up as ghosts and ghouls. It'll only become an excuse for muslims and jews to accuse christians of devil worship. And God knows we've had our fair share of persecution ... we don't need to import foreign excuses for jews and muslims to persecute us further.

The weather is much cooler ... as predicted. And since we switched back to solar time from daylight saving last Sunday, our sunsets are a lot earlier. By 4.30pm it already gets dark and cold. Winter is upon us. I dislike the cold and winter is definitely not my favourite season. And summer flew past so quickly I don't even have time to regret no enjoying it. The sun and summer weather is almost gone and I have yet to spend a good 24 hours in Jaffa to relax. Life is not fair.

Sunshine in the afternoon
For 2 nights now I've had excruciating pain on my right back. I must have hurt it while moving dozens of enormous flower pots on Saturday. Enormous means enormous ... ancient pottery from Italy so big an adult can easily get inside it. I think I might have torn a muscle. It's so pain it makes me vomit and I get dizzy and I have no appetite to eat. I could not sleep and every movement sends sharp pain all through my right back and my right arm becomes numb. Last night I got Alberto our indonesian student to apply Tokuhon plaster on my back and the pain has reduced about 20%. Tonight I must try Tiger Balm plaster. Why must all bad thing happen to me?

There is this strange and worrisome news that Israel is going to demolish buildings inside the Wall separating Palestine from Israel. Now this means Israel is going to cross the border into Palestine and destroying palestinian houses there. This is outrageous to say the least. Can one country enter another country to destroy its houses because they were built without its permission. Scratch your head and read that again. It's like American troops entering Mexico to destroy mexican houses because it does have have American permission to build. My head is whirling.  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.819121

Maybe all this is a bad Halloween nightmare.