![]() |
| Loquats |
My heart still isn't very good and today I still had hand tremors, sweaty palms, a painful chest and constant fatigue. Also dizziness. I had to go out of my office to get some fresh air. And I was holding on to my heart attack spray all day. It feels so awful. Thankfully the weather was good and sunny ... 15 degrees though it feels very cold in the shade. When I felt better I went to my other office to finish another job. A student came to get advice about writing his thesis and I also had to deal with some issues faced by poor families who were threatened of being evicted for not paying the rent. Landlords are aware that the economic situation is getting worse and are demanding 6 months rent in advance but many families cannot afford that. Eviction is in order. I had to help out one bad case where a single-mother, bedridden with cancer, with 4 children (eldest is 17 yrs old in school) was threatened with eviction. Things don't look good for many other families this summer.
In a bizarre twist, the series of bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers around the world have been traced to one teenager who was arrested ... here in Israel, a fellow Jew at that. Leftwing newspapers are asking if he will be tried as anti-semitic since that was the accusation when the culprit was not yet known. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.779087
On the other hand, Israeli humanitarian groups have started a school in Greece for Syrian refugees. It's a great gesture and honestly, Israeli groups have done much to help Syrians during this war, especially in the medical field. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4939967,00.html
And back to bizarre, a brawl broke out when Israeli police - jewish and arab - got into a fight during a karaoke competition when one of them started singing in arabic. http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.778600
News is out that Israel will evacuate thousands of residents in the northern border should a war break out with Lebanon. It's the easier option than making residents run to bomb shelters everyday. http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Govt-prepared-to-evacuate-hundreds-of-thousands-from-northern-border-in-a-war-484926
![]() |
| My freesias are in bloom |

