 |
Procession of the Apostolic Admin. (in purple) from the Holy Sepulcher back to the Patriarchal Palace |
I've been checking up on the date of the Jewish Passover. It's on the 11th till 17th April which coincides with our Holy Week and Easter. The Julian calendar also coincides with our Gregorian calendar ... that makes the Orthodox Churches celebrate Holy Week and Easter with us. That week is going to see chaos in the streets of the Old City, intense security presence, road blocks, street blocks, closures of periphery roads around the Old City ... and possibly curfews for the muslims. I don't want to be around ... really I don't. I'll ask to go somewhere outside Jerusalem for that week.
The Empty Tomb will be publicly opened on Wednesday at 10am with all the heads of the Christian Churches in the Holy Land present plus the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew of the Greek Orthodox Church. The Vatican will send a high-ranking envoy as well. I'd like to go and witness this inauguration event but it'll depend on my work schedule.
 |
| Lots of tulips in the parks now |
Tell me about forgetful. I had to rush off yesterday evening to my other office to get some work finished and it was only halfway along the road that I realized I forgot to wear my specs. It was already dark so I decided I wasn't going back to get my specs ... I just had to work without it. And that was just one of the many moments that I forget things or events or names or faces. It's getting really bad. I should get tested to see if I have dementia. I mentioned this at lunch time to the guys around my table and they said anyone who has dementia doesn't know they have dementia so they can't talk about it.
The Egged bus service that runs the southern region's bus routes will strike tomorrow at 5am onwards to protest over pay. Many people will be affected. That's bad news.
An Israel made a 2nd strike at Syria killing an official. Everyone thinks this summer will be a heated one with Israel against Lebanon and Syria. But frankly both Lebanon and Syria have their hands full with the rebels and ISIS. I doubt they have the power nor time to fight Israel. Summer will be fine. No worries.