Thursday, March 2, 2017

Lent begins

Sunset yesterday
Just bumped into Dr. John and told him about my heart problem. He said it's probably due to the overuse of Ventolin, the asthma puffer. I puff at least 20 times a day because I cannot breathe but 20 is definitely over the limit. So Dr. John wrote immediately a prescription for another cortizoid medicine which I have to take twice a day in place of Ventolin. It's meant to be preventive. So ... another experiment is underway to see if I will react well with this new medicine. Sometimes I'm just so tired with this burden of ill healthy .... it seems a blessing if I die. Then again it's Lent ... so I should offer this for the persecuted christians in our region. I guess they have it worse then me ... they have no medicine or shelter or food.

Walking now has become a very difficult task as I have strength to walk up to work. I get so tired barely walking 100 m. Lack of breath, heaviness in the legs and dizziness. I wonder how long more I can work like this. One consolation is the sunrise and sunsets are fabulous these days. Walking while watching the sun distracts me from the difficulties and pain.

The weather has turned around again yesterday with heavy skies and drizzle. However it was warm. Eilat the Red Sea city was flooded and pelted with huge hailstones. I wonder if this will continue for the next weeks of Lent.   http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4929185,00.html

Despite the shelling of missiles into Israel by Hamas in Gaza, reports are out that neither parties, nor Hezbollah in Lebanon are instructed in a war. So all the missiles are retaliations these few days are just posturing to gain political support form the grassroots. Our greater fear however is ISIS in Sinai. They have unleashed a wave of terror among the christians who are fleeing by the thousands into Egypt. This move could be a warning to Israel to expect something later in summer.  http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-attacks-on-Sinai-Christians-pose-challenge-to-Sisi-482878