![]() |
| Fr. Dharma preaching the retreat |
There were about 30 participants mainly filipinos and africans. The high gothic style church is magnificent, And the man stained glass windows made the church look very elegant. Across the street the Greek Catholic Church hosted the Indian community retreat ... there were thousands. One capuchin preached while 3 others were listening to confessions. The queues stretched all round the church garden. It was fantastic. After that the capuchins had to go to Haifa (120 km) for the afternoon retreat; and tomorrow they go to Tiberias (90 km) and Kiryat Shemona (120 km) near the Lebanese border. They have a lot of work to do.
![]() |
| Stained glass window of St. Antony of Padua |
After that i went out to be with my jewish friends selling their wares at the church plaza. I helped Bar sell nuts and it was a great success today. Next stall was Rudy my great buddy and next to him was Meir's stall ... his son Ben always calls me "ahi" in hebrew meaning "my brother". That's usually a term used by jews for fellow jews. Well actually Rudy also calls me that ... as also the security guys in front of my house in Jerusalem. They consider me one of them. No wonder some of the arabs hate me. There's one arab man near the Austrian hospice who always calls me "jewish dog" whenever I pass by. I know one day one of the arabs will stab me because of my friendship with jews. But I have no regrets nor am I intimidated. I am a friend of everyone.
At St. Peter's there was one of our students taking a 4 day break from school. Being the Sabbath, there was no cook in the monastery so we both went down to the Town center to buy some food ... it was already 3.30pm. We had a nice chat ... not as student and professor but as confreres. It was nice to be away from the academic atmosphere in Jerusalem.

