The rains didn't come. The sky was very dark yesterday but the wind was too strong. it blew all the clouds into Jordan. But the winds were very cold. Even this morning, the cold wind kept up its momentum - pretty strong. I've got to wear 2 layers of wool now to keep warm.
And I'm getting to like sleeping on the floor. I think maybe that's what I'll do. It really makes the room look more spacious and less claustrophobic. And I can always push the mattress against the wall to make for more space or cleaning the floor. I'm feeling alot more relaxed, and right now I'm listening to the harp CD sent by Paula. Nice.
And I saw several people with bug bites - I'm on the lookout! Fr Marcello came to class and he had the red bites on his neck; and Pavel a Polish student had them on his ears. Me? I fumigate my room 3 times a day, vacuum twice and sun all my pillows and clothes for the whole day when the sun shines. Not taking anymore risks!
Thanks to Kyla for spreading the word to CLC about donations to Musky's kids.
Today's reading from Isaiah 19 was incredible. I was researching on it 2 years ago but it is still fantastic - too good to be true. He prophesied that there will be an altar to Yahweh built in the middle of Egypt, and the egyptians will worship yahweh the true God, and that a road will be built linking Egypt to Assyria (Modern Syria and Iraq) and Israel will be a part of this union. All living in peace. Well from archaeology we know that there was a temple built to Yahweh in the 4th century BC in the Egyptian island of Elephantine but got destroyed later, and another temple built in the 2nd century BC in Leontopolis near Cairo which was destroyed by the 1st century AD. SO at least that part of the prophecy came true, but not all the Egyptians believed in Yahweh though. Hmmm now if only it did come true, then we'll have peace in the Middle East at last. Maybe that's what Advent is saying - wait for that peace, it'll come.