Monday, November 28, 2022

Slow recovery

Musrara open market 
 The past few days I've been trying to recover from chest pains. Sometimes it's simply sore, but several times now it's been sharp and very painful. Climbing stairs is still difficult though walking on flat terrain is alot easier. The sister who first identified my heart problem came to see me and told me I need to do slow stretching exercises on my left side. Nothing strenuous though. I'll have to carry it out and wait several more weeks (months) for a proper recovery. It's been a trying time to get over this operation and the hospital has told me I'll need more time than other people to recover.

Nevertheless I still had to go to work this morning. I tried to keep it to a minimum ... 3 hours. Then I went home, but first passing by the pharmacy to buy my medicines. Then a walk through the Musrara market to see if I could get some bread and biscuits.

Meantime the weather is very cold and cloudy though it doesn't rain. It's humid though. I've been told that the cold is not good for my condition. I'll have to be careful staying warm all the time. Meantime I have a daily mantra to remind myself to wear shoes to protect my feet and not to fall and not to cut myself as any wound will not heal easily and the blood will not clot. It's a scary thought ... but better safe than sorry.