Sunday, November 6, 2022

Jubilee

Patriarch presides the Mass
 Yesterday was the 3rd time I went out. It was the golden jubilee of the superior of the nursing sisters  working in the paediatric hospital in Bethlehem. I've known her for 30 years and she insisted I come to concelebrate the Mass. Luckily my superior was also invited so he drove me there. The Patriarch was there to preside with 10 other priests. After Mass there was lunch at our Casa Nova ... a pilgrim guesthouse. Anyway it was a good golden jubilee celebration in that it reminded and encouraged younger religious about their vocation and persevere so they can also reach their own golden jubilee.

After that I was totally exhausted and rested for the rest of the day. My chest was hurting. I guess I had pushed myself too far yesterday by going to the celebrations. I'd better spend today recuperating. The pain at night is quite uncomfortable and I woke up several times because of it.

The weather has changed alot. Chilly in the nights at about 12 degrees. Sunrise is quite late and it is still dark at 6am. And sunset start at 5.15pm. JJ goes to sleep early ... according to sunset so he has less time to play with me. Winter blankets and clothes are taken out and cleaned ... waiting to be used. Only one thing is missing ... rain. So far it only rained once since Sukkoth. We're hoping it'll pour heavily because it looks like next year would be a drought year.